Sunday, March 06, 2005

Gardenburgerheaven


so I'm not the biggest fan of garden burgers. Servers at restaurants must think me a bit odd when I ask what brand of veggie burger they sell, but I refuse to order a garden burger. taste, texture, flavor are all worng. BUT, Kroger had a handful of Morningstar Farms products on sale yesterday and a few garden burger products were lumped in with them. I picked out a southwestern "chicken" meal, and I am amazed. It kind of has a fajita feel, with lots of onion and peppers and black beans. There is a generous amount of "chicken" and it's all topped with a spicy sauce. 1.5 grams of fat and 24 grams of protein. typical astronomical sodium count, but such is life with all convenience foods. I only wish I had some tortillas. Ah...... tummy happy. Posted by Hello

No comments: