Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Smelly memory.

I got into the elevator this afternoon and was struck by the old familar scent of the cheap cologne that Sam wore when we were dating. awful stuff, really, but it made me smile; it brought his face immediately to the front of mind. Amazing what tricks the nose plays. My nose is in cahoots with my brain. Once in while, on very random days, I'll catch the smell of the soccer field at Coronado Village Elementary School. Some crazy plant life that grew there, I think. 20 years ago, but it comes back and I know exactly where its coming from. I wish that I could bottle that smell, like a bottle of cologne, and spray it everywhere on gloomy, grown up days.

on a side note: anyone that isn't obsessed with Damion Rice, let's get with the program, kids!

current music: "Cheers Darlin'" O Damion Rice. Melodrama Mama

No comments: