Tuesday, January 11, 2005

missing texas

so i've been in the good ole midwest for about two years now and i'm getting that urge again: the urge to submerse myself somewhere else. I miss austin. I miss my folk music radio. I miss my texas friends. they're starting to have babies, for goodness sake! BIG problem is I have a real life now: a house and a business and a serious relationship. Daisy likes Ben and that's hard to come by. I can't just run away anymore. I've perfected the art of making my escape look noble and fulfilling. In reality, running has always served the purpose of a clean slate and avoiding the settling stage of life. so, maybe i miss austin like i sometimes miss old boyfriends. i miss the pieces that are currently absent in my life: the social aspect, the deep friendships & the casual aquaintances. the wild times. hrm.


No comments: